In this post I will show how to use the text along path functionality in Fusion360 by designing a Bitcoin Coin.
The first thing I usually like to do when designing is to get a few reference images or logo’s as reference. I found a free Bitcoin SVG file on flaticon.com from Dave Gandy that I will use in this tutorial.
Text to Curve
There is a nice functionality in Fusion360 where you can assign a text to a selected curve. In the Bitcoin Coin design it would be nice to add the words Bitcoin, Decentralised and Digital Currency to the coin.
- Create a new sketch
- Add two circles, a larger and a smaller one
- Under the Create Toolbar select Text
- Select Text to Path and then the smaller circle
- Type the text you like
Now you can Finish the sketch and extrude the the circle and afterwards the text a few mm larger.
Insert SVG to a Sketch
The next step is to add the Bitcoin SVG from Dave Gandy which we downloaded earlier from flaticon.com
- Add a new sketch on the Bitcoin Coin surface
- Under the Insert Toolbar select Insert SVG
- Go to Insert from Computer and pick the Bitcoin.svg file
- Place / resize the image on the Coin
Now you can add some more details like e.g. rounded corners or anything else you think would improve the design. I hope you learned something from this tutorial and if you plan to design a cryptocurrency coin as well then I would love to see it.
Please also checkout my other Fusion 360 Tutorial where I show how to design a Lightsaber Pencil Top.